The benefits of calcium, the most important nutrient that the body should not miss!
Calcium is a mineral that is essential to the body. Which most people will know that calcium helps especially to strengthen bones and teeth.
But did you know that aside from the benefits of the said calcium. There are still other benefits. Many more and there are hidden secrets too.
Therefore, in this article, we will take you to get to know more about calcium. For understanding and correctly eating calcium.
What is Calcium?
Calcium is a mineral that the body needs for life. Because it helps to strengthen and repair the wear and tear of bones, teeth, skin and hair especially.
While also being able to control blood pressure levels to be stable as well. Therefore, in our daily lives, we should always get enough calcium for the body. Regardless of the age range.Calcium needs for the body.
Our body needs sufficient calcium and needs to receive calcium daily. To always promote health.
The amount of calcium that should be received each day will be different. Depending on the age range and physical conditions as follows.
- Children aged 1 – 10 years must receive 800-1000 milligrams of calcium per day.
- Adolescents aged 11-25 years must receive 1,000 milligrams of calcium per day.
- Adults aged 26 and over must receive 1,500 milligrams of calcium per day.
- Fracture patients Must receive 1,500 milligrams of calcium per day
- Pregnant women must receive 1,500 milligrams of calcium per day.
- Lactating women Must receive 1,500-2,000 milligrams of calcium per day
When knowing this, then should eat calcium per day to meet the needs of the body. Whether eating calcium from milk or food that rich in calcium.
Can calcium really increase height?
When talking about calcium. Will think of the benefits of increasing height. Because it is an understanding that has been cultivated since childhood
Because parents always say that to drink a lot of milk Because milk has high calcium content So there is a suspicion that calcium intake can actually increase people.
Which can say that Calcium actually helps to increase height. Because calcium is responsible for strengthening the bones and stimulating the growth of bones and muscles to stretch more.
However, bone growth begins to stop stable at age 2, so if wanting to increase height effectively Should regularly consume calcium regularly since childhood. By especially focusing on the teenage years
Benefits of Calcium
Did you know that calcium is more useful than you think? Believe that many people still don’t know much about the true benefits of calcium, right? Therefore, we will come to understand the good benefits. To get from calcium together.
1. Prevent osteoporosis
Because calcium helps to strengthen bones. Taking enough calcium regularly. Therefore can prevent osteoporosis most effectively.
And reduce the risk of certain bone problems Brittle easily broken as well. In addition, taking calcium and magnesium regularly It will also help reduce back pain as well.
2. Control blood pressure
Sufficient calcium intake can help control blood pressure to a normal level. As well as being able to prevent high blood pressure
That is because calcium is responsible for stimulating the muscles to contract better. Resulting in the coronary arteries working efficiently and with normal blood pressure levels
3. Relieve menstrual pain
Taking calcium before menstruation It will help relieve menstrual pain and reduce mood disorders as well. Therefore, women who tend to have severe menstrual cramps often.
About a week before the menstrual cycle, 1,500 milligrams of calcium should be consumed per day, and the pain will be relieved.
4. Prevent colon cancer
Did you know that eating sufficient calcium for a long time can help prevent colon cancer? Because calcium will inhibit abnormal cell division.
Therefore reducing the chance of colorectal cancer Therefore, those who do not want to risk cancer, eat more calcium better.
5. Cure insomnia
For anyone who can’t sleep Calcium is also an aid to sleep more comfortably as well. That’s why most doctors advise people with insomnia to drink milk before bed. But must be whole milk without sugar So that there will be no obesity problems that follow.
The secret of calcium that many people may not know.
In addition to the benefits of calcium. Did you know that calcium has other secrets? There are many hidden things that many people may not know. Which will be? Let’s see.
1. The important function of calcium is Bone formation and increase bone mass to make bones stronger Can reduce migraine headaches well.
When taking calcium together with magnesium. The combination of the said minerals will stimulate the vascular system and brain to work more efficiently.
2. Calcium can be found most in milk and milk products. It ca find in other foods only a little.
3. Do not take calcium supplements with medication. Because it will reduce the ability of the body to absorb the drug As a result, the drug does not work fully and the illness disappears slowly.
4. The body’s calcium absorption In most cases, it can be absorbed at around 20% -40%. The rest will spread into the blood and circulate to various parts. Of the body along with the circulatory system Which often enters the bones and various cells Primarily in the body The excess calcium will be excreted through the urine.
5. For those who regularly take calcium supplements Should be eaten in conjunction with a balanced diet of protein. To prevent urinary tract stones. If the body receives too little calcium will dissolve calcium from the bones instead. When this happens often Will cause insufficient calcium in the bones. Until resulting in the bones becoming fragile Easily broken and eventually osteoporosis.
6. Calcium is present in all parts of the body. But is most commonly found in bones and teeth Which accounts for 99% of the total calcium in the body
7. For most calcium in the tissue, it is not directly in the form of calcium. It will be in the form of calcium phosphate salts.
8. How much calcium does the body absorb? Must also depend on the normal level of vitamin D in the body. Which if the body lacks vitamin D Will cause less calcium absorption Therefore, vitamin D should always be added sufficient to the needs of the body. This can be done by eating foods that are high in vitamin D or sun exposure in the morning often.
9. Should take the right amount of calcium for each age that the body should receive. Should not eat too much or too little Because it can adversely affect.
10. Be careful when choosing the type of calcium. Because if you take a calcium type that doesn’t break down well Will cause a problem in the arteries or arteries.
Most mothers understand that nourishing the pregnancy with a lot of calcium. Will give birth to a good development baby and have a high shape But in truth, the mother’s body has limitations in receiving calcium as well.
Which, if getting too much calcium, will cause the fetus to become abnormal. There are problems with the parathyroid glands. Do not work or seizures after 2-3 days, therefore, although calcium is necessary. while pregnant, should only consume the right amount.
Risk of kidney stones
Because calcium is the mineral that the body can absorb most difficult. Therefore tend to precipitate in the kidney area to form stones. Which, if found to be violent, may require surgery.
Calcium, although it is a mineral that is very useful and necessary for the body a lot. But at the same time, eating too much may cause harm as well.
Therefore, we come to eat calcium properly. For good health forever And because calcium doesn’t just exist in milk. Should eat a variety of foods that contain calcium In order to get the most cost-effective and effective for nourishing the body as much as possible.