Safety Measures While Strimming
A strimmer is very powerful equipment which has high cutting potential. Thus, before you get started with strimming, it is very important to have knowledge regarding the risks involved so that you can have a safer experience of strimming.
- Always wear those protective gears before you start to trim since the strimmer revolves at around three thousand revolutions per minute. Thus, better to use proper protection to avoid any mishap. Firstly, you need to protect your face and eyes. Also, do wear sturdy shoes and a pair of tough gloves. You can also wear some ear plugs because these machines are very noisy. You can even find helmets that come with ear defenders and full visor. Prefer to wear full length clothes and do not wear loosely fitted outfit.
- In case of electric strimmer, there is a high chance for you to trip over the cable while moving around the garden. So to avoid any such accident, do not use extension cable which has a huge length and ensure that the strimming head is away from it.
- In fact, while working on a damp ground with a grass strimmer that use petrol, there are chances to trip and slip. No matter what strimmer you use, be alert while moving through the garden. Do not work if the ground is slippery or if it is raining.
- It is very obvious for any garden to have pieces of debris beneath the surface. Particles like stones or some sticky plant sap can hurt your skin. Make sure that no children or pets are around. Also, ensure that no one comes close to the strimmer when it is switched on.
- Avoid coming in contact with the trimming line which can cause severe accident. So be careful enough not to be anywhere around the spool. In case if you need to do some maintenance work then better to switch it off and let it cool down.